Join me in Peru’s Sacred Valley as we visit Machu Picchu, participate in shamanic ceremonies and energy work, and nourish ourselves through yoga, meditation, clean food, culture, and body treatments.
Peru’s Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
About the Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu:
Peru’s Sacred Valley, once home to the Inca Empire (1438-1533) runs between Cusco, once the capital of Incan civilization, and the legendary 15th-century city of Machu Picchu Also known as the Urubamba Valley, this fertile region s a tranquil and vast stretch of land steeped in Andean history and culture. For visitors, ancient Incan ruins, ceremonial sites, temples and an abundance of cultural activities beckon. For hikers, winding rivers, charming villages and high mountain meadows where herds of llama and alpaca graze await exploration. Nowhere else in the world can compare to the richness of beauty, culture, and spirit.
The Retreat Center:
Willka T’ika Guest House in Peru’s Sacred Valley, a premier inn and wellness retreat center situated between Cusco and Machu Picchu. Located in one of the most energetically charged places on earth, Willka T’ika prides itself on serving the spiritual and cultural needs of all guests seeking an authentic mind, body, spirit experience. Gourmet vegetarian cuisine, authentic Andean ceremonies, guided adventures through Incan sites, elaborate Chakra Gardens for healing relaxation, pampering spa treatments, and sunlit yoga studios highlight this one of a kind venue.
Single and double occupancy rooms are available, in standard rooms or more spacious luxury rooms. Each room named for the Andean medicinal plant that grows at its doorstep. The spacious luxury rooms, designed using feng shui principles, include a seating area and offer mountain and garden views. The cozy garden rooms, recently renovated, are tucked away in charming spots throughout the gardens. The bathrooms are modern and feature pure organic products.
Sample Daily Schedule:
- 6:30 am Ashtanga Yoga class
- 8:30am Breakfast
- 9:30 am Yoga philosophy class
- 10:30 am Spa treatments and exploration of the chakra gardens
- 1:00pm Lunch
- 2:00 pm Journey with our guide to the spectacular ruins of P’isaq. Overlooking impressive Incan terraces, the group is invited to hike to the Temple of the Sun, a doorway to the upper Andean world of the Condor, messenger of the Gods. As a group, we walk silently in a personal vision quest to open the third eye.
- 3:30 pm Return to the main square of P’isaq and visit the famous, colorful market filled with woven goods, jewelry, wall hangings and hand-painted beadwork. Enjoy café or tea in the market square where we observe colorfully dressed Campesinos wearing traditional clothing coming to barter and sell their produce. P’isaq is a photographer’s dream.
- 4:30 pm Return to Willka T’ika for a late afternoon chakra garden meditation
- 6:00 pm Organic vegetarian dinner
Who this is for:
This retreat is perfect for yoga practitioners of all abilities who are looking to integrate more spirituality into their daily lives. A strong desire to learn is required. Individuals who appreciate a cultural experience in addition to yoga and self care are ideal participants. All levels of yoga practitioners are welcome.
Included in retreat price:
- 7 nights accommodation
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- 3 Lunches
- Privately guided excursions of picturesque towns and Incan historical sites, including Machu Picchu
- Airport Transfers
- Daily Ashtanga Yoga classes
- Daily meditation and yoga philosophy classes
- Airport transfers for different dates (should you want to extend your stay)
- Lunch on days of air travel and certain excursions ($5-$10/day is sufficient)
- Spa treatments
- Laundry service
- Gratuity for resort staff
Please email Sara directly if you would like to pay by check.
Any cancellations received on or before December 31, 2017 will be refunded less $1,000 retreat deposit. No refunds are available after February 1, 2018. Individual participants are responsible for purchasing their own travel insurance.